The Recoup Easyfit+ is a stand-alone horizontal waste water heat recovery system for showers (WWHRS). Specifically designed as a retrofitted product to to slide directly under a standard bath or walk-in shower tray. The Recoup Easyfit+ is a very exciting product for the residential retrofit, new-build apartment & social housing markets, as it offers a combination of price point, efficiency, and ease of installation that has not previously been possible.
The Recoup Easyfit+ provides impressive efficiencies of up to 47.6%, high returns on investment and is virtually maintenance free. It is SAP registered, KIWA assessed, WRAS approved and Legionella Control risk assessed.
The product is a Waste Water Heat Recovery System (WWHRS) for showers. It uses the heat from hot water that goes into the shower drain to increase the temperature of cold water, via a copper heat exchanging system, to produce preheated water. The preheated water is then fed back to the properties heating system, the shower in use, or both. This then reduces the demand for energy to heat hot water. It is an excellent and efficient way of retrieving generated energy from hot water that would normally go down the drain.
Being completely passive, it works as part of the standard plumbing, with no moving or mechanical parts, there is no end user interaction or planned maintenance required; a genuine ‘fit and forget’ product.
No commissioning is required, so any qualified plumber can install. There are 3 recognised and simple installation methods, providing flexibility both in system design, integration and installation on-site. Fitting time is around two hours depending on design. No special tools are required for fittings and only regular plumbing materials are required in addition.
The Recoup Easyfit+ is very easy to design in to any house type and can even be incorporated into plans late on if compliance is at risk, unlike most other energy efficient/renewable technologies. The technology can also benefit products such as solar thermal, ASHP and centralised plant as it assists with load demand at peak times, meaning expensive back up is not used, or plant specification can be reduced. It is also excellent for Passive Haus, where 80% of the energy costs are for hot water, so it makes a dramatic impact.
Once installed the Recoup Easyfit+ will provide a homeowner savings over 47.6% of the cost of a shower without WWHRS, meaning return on investment can be as little as a couple of years in a family home. These energy savings obviously have a big impact on CO2 reduction, and with showering the biggest use of hot water in the home, WWHRS will continue to deliver for the lifetime of the property as well as being relevant and beneficial well into the future.
- The Recoup Easyfit+ is SAP listed
- Horizontal system designed to retrofit under a standard bath or shower tray.
- High efficiency, can recover up to 46.7% of the wasted heat energy with every shower, literally stopping money flowing down the drain.
- A key product for social housing and housing associations, residential retrofit, apartments, bungalows and other property types.
- Completely passive; has no moving parts, requires no external power, no planned maintenance and no end-user interaction
- Easy installation; no commissioning or specialist plumbing knowledge required
- Low cost and good pounds to points in SAP
- Legionella control risk assessed
- Option of three installation variations.
- WRAS approved