How City Plumbing can support you
City Plumbing are pleased to announce that we have been awarded Trustmark accredited supplier status for the Green Homes Grant.
City Plumbing is uniquely positioned to help you increase your sales through the scheme with our dedicated Energy Efficiency Sales & Design Team who are experts at specifying and designing the appropriate products and packages for all types of homes.
The benefits of working with us:
To speak to the team about how we can help, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
About the scheme:
The Green Homes Grant scheme has launched. The Green Homes Grant enables customers to receive a grant from the government to cover up to two thirds of the costs of energy efficiency home improvements.
Qualifying homeowners and landlords in England will be granted vouchers up to £10,000 for home improvements measures, such as the installation of insulation and heat pumps. The scheme has been extended and will run until March 2022.
Installers must be registered to TrustMark to take part in the scheme and to install the low carbon heating measures, you must also be Microgeneration Certification Scheme (MCS) accredited. A BEIS appointed scheme administrator has now been appointed, you must also be certified with this body.
What the voucher can be used for
The home improvement measures available as part of this scheme are split into ‘primary’ and ‘secondary’ measures. The voucher must be used to install at least one primary measure before the voucher can be used to help cover the cost of a secondary measure.
How does it work?
For most homeowners and landlords, the vouchers will cover around two-thirds of the cost of the measures, up to a value of £5,000 per household. For low income households it will cover the full cost of the measures, up to £10,000 per household.
To obtain a voucher, homeowners and landlords in England will be able to seek advice from the Simple Energy Advice (SEA) service about the energy efficiency improvements that can be made to the property. The homeowners will then be able to find local accredited installers for quotes and installation by using the SEA website.
Who can apply?
To be eligible for the vouchers, applicants must either: own their home (including park home owners, long-leaseholders and shared ownership) or be a landlord (private or social).The low income scheme is only available for homeowners and park homeowners who receive at least one income-based or disability benefit.
Only homes in England are eligible for the scheme. New-build domestic and non-domestic properties are exempt.
How can you get involved?
You must be registered with Trust Mark to take part in the scheme, and to install the low carbon heating measures of the scheme, you must also be Microgeneration Certification Scheme (MCS) accredited.
Households will be able to find accredited tradespeople using the Simple Energy Advice website
What is the process for the scheme?
1. The homeowner checks the Simple Energy Advice website to see if they’re eligible for the scheme, and to find improvements that may be suitable for their property.
2. The homeowner selects multiple installers to obtain quotes, and a plan for the installation of the measures.
3. The homeowner appoints an installer & applies for the voucher.
4. The BEIS checks the application and approves the work.
5. The installer carries out the work and submits a report to the Trustmark Data Warehouse.
6. The installer invoices the homeowner for ⅓ payment towards measures (up to £5,000 or £10,000 for low-income applicants) and cashes in the voucher for the remaining ⅔ of payment.
We support your projects in 5 easy steps…
1. Fill in the form below to request a copy of our low carbon heating enquiry forms
2. Send the completed form back to us, at email@example.com
3. We will create a bespoke package quote and design by technology, including any ancillary products that are required for your project
4. Once you have accepted our quote and design, you can order the goods at your local City branch using your account. Don’t have an account with us? Sign up today.
5. The branch will arrange delivery of your order, along with any other consolidated products required
Our other Travis Perkins Group brands